Please take a moment to read the information in the following links:
- Do not attend any games or practices if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or are sick!
- Anyone who has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19— including players, family members, coaches, staff and spectators — should not attend practices or games. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
- Please call KPY’s COVID-19 point of contact, Pete Ingraldi, (631) 662-4831. If you leave a message please ensure to provide the player name, division and team.
- KPY encourages all parents to supply their respective players with a small bottle of hand sanitizer for their equipment bag.
- KPY is not permitting players from bringing any food to games or practices such as sunflower seeds, chips, gum or other snacks. All players should bring a labeled water bottle and not share any sort of drink container.
- KPY strictly requests that parents adhere to the standard protocol of keeping the dugout areas and back stop area to coaches and players only. This area will also be extended up to 1st base and 3rd base respectively to allow coaches to expand the dugout area for players to social distance when not on the field.
- KPY suggests that all players bring a canvas folding chair to aide in social distancing while in the dugout area.
- Per NYS, no more than two spectators per player are allowed for games or practices.
- Spectators not within the same family group must adhere to NYS’s social distancing order of maintaining 6 feet. Spectators must have a facial covering available for situations where six feet of distancing is not able to be maintained. As a reminder, cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
PLAYERS AND COACHES
- All players must have a facial covering available in their equipment bag. Facial coverings are optional while practicing or playing. Players should be prepared to wear a facial covering when not practicing or playing and social distancing of 6 feet cannot be maintained. Parents are requested to ensure their respective players understand the NYS social distancing requirement and use of facial covering requirement in the event social distancing cannot be maintained when not on the field engaged in activity.
- KPY will be reducing physical closeness or contact between players when possible by eliminating unnecessary physical contact such as high-fives, handshakes, fist bumps, and hugs.
- Limiting the sharing of equipment – KPY is expecting all players to bring their own equipment to include glove, bat and batter’s helmet. Team bags will be supplied with sanitizing wipes in the event catcher’s equipment needs to be shared. Equipment bags will be supplied with 2 sets of catcher’s gear. Coaches will also be supplied with hand sanitizer for intermittent player hand sanitizing.
- Coaches – coaches must have a facial covering available at all times in the event such coach can not maintain 6 feet of social distancing when not directly engaged in physical activity. This includes mound visits and interactions with players at less than 6 feet while coaching 1st or 3rd
These interim guidelines are subject to change as more information is released by NYS.
Players and parent spectators must follow these guidelines imposed by NYS. Failure to do so will result in a player not being able to participate.